many Spanish towns are doing just that, creating alternative currencies based on hours or whatever metric they deem sufficent. Mr. Bernanke and the FED should take note of this as it has even started springing up here in the good ol'
US of A.
Personally I would be a little hesitant to accept a communitys script since it would be hard to exchange it with businesses and organizaitons outside said community. Though that could admittedly change as in the 19th century local cities and banks issued their own 'dollars' with their own exchange rates to other competing currencies. But until that happens I'll accept the greenback, while secretly wishing I was paid in silver or gold.
- Cogitans Iuvenis
- Real name is Kevin Daniels. I have long studied history and have an interest in geopolitics, economics, finance and politics. A few years ago discovered libertarianism. I am a constitutionalist libertarian with a conservative worldview. Word of warning. If you can't handle opinions that aren't rooted in the pc-progressive ideology that is permeated by our educational instutions and popular media then this blog is not for you.
- Political Analysts Are Worthless
- Shooting Themselves in the Foot
- Cost of Living
- Is Our Infrastructure Really That Bad?
- The Collapse: Geopolitical Perspective
- Credit Were Credit Is Due
- Admist Euro Collapse Alternative Currencies Appear...
- South American Fertility Rates
- What Will the Collapse Look Like?
- News: Chinese Inventory at Record Highs
- YUPPIEs No More
- If You Only Ever Paid Attention to Major News Netw...
- News: Unemployment claims take a surprise jump
- Mouse Dystopia and New Urbanism
- In Jail Even Though Declared Innocent
- Paul Ryan Selected As Romney's VP Candidate. And T...
- Is South Africa Becoming Increasingly Racially Rad...
- Spain's Robin Hood
- Geopolitical Chess: The Hukbalahap Rebellion
- Stratfor: Evolving Relationship Between Communist ...
- Don't Get a Finance Degree
- The Malthusian Lie
- Should the US Be More Like Canada?
- Stratfor: Europe Hardens on Immigration
- Sometimes It Is The Smallest of Things
- Disturbing in Two Ways
- A Chinese City Militarizes its Local Security Forc...
- News: Profitability Down in China
- Russia Is Throwing Assad Under The Bus
- Stratfor: India Power Crisis
- Two Dollar Tyranny
- Market Forces Slam Universities
- ▼ August (32)