Thursday, August 9, 2012

Disturbing in Two Ways

Disturbing news from Syria.  Foreign fighters are infiltrating Syria, but as disturbing as that is we shouldn't be surprised.  Perhapes more distrubing is the fact that 'British' tried to kill British. We need to acknowledge something, something that I don't necessarily want to acknowledge, and that is that the multicultural state doesn't necessarily work.  The more I read about the world, the more I am convinced that America is the exception that proves the rule. 

Moreover, as politically incorrect as it is to think so, and as much as I hate the idea, I am beginning to wonder if there are just some groups of individuals that we should actively discourage or prevent from getting into America. The idea catholic Mexicans coming into America doesn't bother me, though when I see Mexican flags at rallies or hear the words las raza it leaves a sour tast in my mouth.  I will readily admit that hearing that someone is from the middle east makes me pause for a second and that I make a mental note in my head.  Politically incorrect? Yes. Intolerant? Perhapes. Unwise? Absolutely not. It's just the sad state of the world. Tribalism is alive and well in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagreements and countervailing views are welcome, however, comments will be deleted if:

-They have emoticons.
-If it is obvious that you have not read the post.
-Obvious Spam, and it takes me about a quarter second to determine if it is spam since you all write your comments the same way.

About Me

My photo
Seattle resident whose real name is Kevin Daniels. This blog covers the following topics, libertarian philosophy, realpolitik, western culture, history and the pursuit of truth from the perspective of a libertarian traditionalist.