Wednesday, October 17, 2012

You Got to Be Kidding Me

Now, I never equated age as a good barometer as to the fitness of someones ability to govern will govern. I haven't reached 30 yet but I am pretty confident that I could govern better than the vast majority of individuals twice my age. I could have an excessively high opinion of myself but that is neither here nor there. The fact is that I would rather have a competent 25 year old than an incompetent 65 year old sitting with congress.  But how in the hell is a 19 year old, with a criminal record no less, elected to a city council? I guess there is the possibility that he ran unopposed to his seat, but I mean how is this supposed to turn out any other way than it did? I foresee age qualifications for holding office in Alburtis Pennsylvania in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagreements and countervailing views are welcome, however, comments will be deleted if:

-They have emoticons.
-If it is obvious that you have not read the post.
-Obvious Spam, and it takes me about a quarter second to determine if it is spam since you all write your comments the same way.

About Me

My photo
Seattle resident whose real name is Kevin Daniels. This blog covers the following topics, libertarian philosophy, realpolitik, western culture, history and the pursuit of truth from the perspective of a libertarian traditionalist.