At one point I was putting in a significant amount of money in my 401k. But after watching an old video by the captain I began to rethink that policy. Not only was I forgoing the ability to manage my investments, but I also ran the risk of losing a significant amount of money if the Captain turned out to be correct. I still put some funds in my 401k, up to my employers matching, but I no longer consider this a safe investment.
I know there is a chance this money could disappear so I approach my 401k like any other investment. But on the chance that our 401k isn't nationalized or that the stock market doesn't decrease significantly with the exit of the market by the boomers. However, even more traditional media outlets are becoming dour on the financial market. Fortunately for me I the only money I have in my 401k is money that I am willing to risk.
- Cogitans Iuvenis
- Real name is Kevin Daniels. I have long studied history and have an interest in geopolitics, economics, finance and politics. A few years ago discovered libertarianism. I am a constitutionalist libertarian with a conservative worldview. Word of warning. If you can't handle opinions that aren't rooted in the pc-progressive ideology that is permeated by our educational instutions and popular media then this blog is not for you.
- The 5 Nations Of America
- What Happens When You Destroy A Culture
- Mises: Answering Old Arguments About Sound Money
- British Millionaires 'Disappearing'
- Obese Woman Denied Flight Dies
- Stratfor: Norway's Geographic Challenge
- Legislators Starting To See How Dire Crisis Is
- The EU was D.O.A
- China's Recovery Is As Strong As The Mist
- Twinkies Is Out of Business
- The Fruits of Rampant Unionism
- It Isn't Just Right Wingers That Have Talked About...
- Japanese Prime Minister Dissolves Parliament
- STRATFOR: Analysis Of The Changing Geopolitical En...
- Culture of Corruption
- Venezuela's Geographic Challenge
- Better Use of 25 Grand then College
- Over the Fiscal Cliff
- Secession: Either America Stands Free and United. ...
- Predictions For Who Will Run in 2016 for the Repub...
- Entilements are sinking the ship
- Here is an article from George Friedman on the ele...
- Obama Didn't Win. He Just Didn't Lose. Or A Silver...
- Break from Election Coverage
- The Inescapable Principals of Capitalism
- Why I Am Not Concerned About The Election
- Risky Business
- Bad News For Obama
- ▼ November (29)