Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Venezuela's Geographic Challenge
Another video by Strafor. This one on Venezuela. One thing that I took away from these videos is that it drastically alters my perception on what the nation actually looks like. Most of Venezuela's population hugs the coast, the purple colored areas, and what infrastructure exists in the interior is mostly there to service the Orinoco Basin oil fields. This means that of the southern portion of the country is a buffer zone, much like the United States. However, unlike the United States, which now has a substantial population living in its buffer regions, few Venezuelans live there. However, considering how sparsely populated the Amazon Basin is there is little risk for Venezuela's highlands for being taken or unduly influenced. Anyways, enjoy the video.
- Cogitans Iuvenis
- Real name is Kevin Daniels. I have long studied history and have an interest in geopolitics, economics, finance and politics. A few years ago discovered libertarianism. I am a constitutionalist libertarian with a conservative worldview. Word of warning. If you can't handle opinions that aren't rooted in the pc-progressive ideology that is permeated by our educational instutions and popular media then this blog is not for you.
- The 5 Nations Of America
- What Happens When You Destroy A Culture
- Mises: Answering Old Arguments About Sound Money
- British Millionaires 'Disappearing'
- Obese Woman Denied Flight Dies
- Stratfor: Norway's Geographic Challenge
- Legislators Starting To See How Dire Crisis Is
- The EU was D.O.A
- China's Recovery Is As Strong As The Mist
- Twinkies Is Out of Business
- The Fruits of Rampant Unionism
- It Isn't Just Right Wingers That Have Talked About...
- Japanese Prime Minister Dissolves Parliament
- STRATFOR: Analysis Of The Changing Geopolitical En...
- Culture of Corruption
- Venezuela's Geographic Challenge
- Better Use of 25 Grand then College
- Over the Fiscal Cliff
- Secession: Either America Stands Free and United. ...
- Predictions For Who Will Run in 2016 for the Repub...
- Entilements are sinking the ship
- Here is an article from George Friedman on the ele...
- Obama Didn't Win. He Just Didn't Lose. Or A Silver...
- Break from Election Coverage
- The Inescapable Principals of Capitalism
- Why I Am Not Concerned About The Election
- Risky Business
- Bad News For Obama
- ▼ November (29)