Nor does one hidden behind a pen name. When I first started blogging I chose a pen name because I happened to live in an area that is not very amendable to conservative or libertarian viewpoints. In fact I had been actively encourage by my parents to keep my political viewpoints to myself. Unfortunately, even in the business world your political viewpoints can result in lost opportunities if you happen live in an area that is opposed to your world view, even if only slightly.
I saw this in college as well. There is a lot of talk about how universities are about opening your mind and learning new ideas, however, that isn't the case. Colleges are probably one of the most dogmatic and ideologically closed environments you will find. Some universities have even actively tried to stifle speech that they do not agree with, which is why F.I.R.E exists in the first place. This knowledge lead me to the decision that if I were to blog, I should kept my identity hidden.
But I have learned from some of the other bloggers that this is the wrong choice. If I am unhappy with what is going on then an anonymous opinion behind a pen name solves nothing. It really is nothing more than an act of cowardice. No opinion given by a coward has any real merit or value. One thing I have to respect is individuals that voice controversial opinions and are willing to stand by them. I do not agree with everything I have read, but as hpx83 said, this about being a grown up as things need to be said, and items need to be debated.
I am under no illusion that I somehow say anything more insightful or profound than anyone else, but then that wasn't the point in the first place. I wanted to express my frustration, my worldview, and learn from others. I have only blogged for less than a year, but it looks like something I will continue for a long time, and if I ever do say anything worth spreading or reflecting, it needs to be said by a real man, and not by a disembodied name. Free men do not hide behind pen names for fear of the possible retribution they may face for their opinions. The founders were willing to sign their names, and their sacred honor, declaring their intent to rebel against the crown. I should at least be able to handle the few snide remarks that might come from my social circle for the opinions I express.
My name is Kevin R Daniels. I live in Seattle, Washington. I do not like what has happened to my country, I distrust my government, I am disgusted by our political process, I hate our moral relativism, I despise our celebration of willful ignorance, I cannot understand our cultural self loathing, I believe the constitution is the most important document in human history outside of the bible, and maybe the great charter, and I believe that classical western culture, with it's judeo-christian foundations, is superior to other cultures and one of the reasons for our success. You can few my profile at policymic if you want to see a real image of me.
- Cogitans Iuvenis
- Real name is Kevin Daniels. I have long studied history and have an interest in geopolitics, economics, finance and politics. A few years ago discovered libertarianism. I am a constitutionalist libertarian with a conservative worldview. Word of warning. If you can't handle opinions that aren't rooted in the pc-progressive ideology that is permeated by our educational instutions and popular media then this blog is not for you.
- You Are More Likely....
- DAMMIT THEY ARE TWILIGHTING ZOMBIES!
- Observations: I am an American vs I am an American...
- Fight Tyranny
- His Excellency: The Greatest American Ever
- China Working Population Decreasing
- Progessivism and The New Noblesse Oblige
- Economy Contracted Lasted Quarter of 2012
- Seattle Gun By Back
- Presidential Politics: Obama's Power Class
- Part III: The Social War
- Stratfor: Columbia's Geographic Challenge and Paci...
- When Patriots Speak
- MBA's And The Chinese
- Pierce Morgan Statistical Cherry Picking
- Random Thought On Consumption
- PC Idiocy in the Upper Brass
- The State Doesn't Care About You
- New York Staters Challenge Govenor
- This Takes The Cake
- US Foreign Policy Shifting to The Pacific
- Another art rant
- An Anonymous Opinion Means Nothing...
- Former Mayor Indited For Corruption
- STRATFOR: Australia Geographic Challenge
- The Warm And Fuzzies
- California's Demographic Decline
- Advice to HR People at Career Fairs
- Pierce Morgan Admits Assault Rifle Ban Won't Solve...
- China Chooses Population Bust
- Some Good Videos on Manipulation of Words and Stat...
- Heritage Charts
- What Should Free Men Read?
- Founding Fathers: James Madison Supports the 2nd A...
- At Least You Can't Get Arrested For Giving The Bir...
- A Culture of Vamparism
- Founding Fathers And the 2nd Amendment: Alexander ...
- Founding Fathers 2nd Amendment Rights: Not Just A ...
- Founding Father 2nd Amendment Opinion: Tench Cox
- Remember You Have These Type of People In Charge
- 2nd Amendment Activists Akin to Hitler? True Dange...
- Another Image of Our Decline
- Stratfor: Decline of the Middle Class
- Stratfor: Geographic Challenge
- A Great Day to Be An American!
- Roman Progessivism Part 2: Gaius Gracchus
- All Sorts of Stupid
- Geopolitics: Mississippi Drought
- Fiscal Cliff Nonesense
- ▼ January (49)