Thursday, April 18, 2013

Detention For Being Right?

My girlfriend was perusing buzzfeed when she found a rather hilarious, or what she thought was hilarious, the 21 absolutely valid reasons to get a detention. There were some funny ones, 'go back to whore island' heh, but I saw no humor in item number 12. In fact, if anything, it just illustrates that schooling has become less about education and more about obedience training.  If a student calls you out for being undeniably factually wrong: you say 'sorry about that I made a mistake'. You don't send them to detention!

If I had a kid was sent to detention for being right, not only wound I not punish him, but I would also buy him the biggest ice cream cone I could find; and give him a freebie to miss school. Because if my son was sent to detention for insisting that a kilometer is not longer than a mile then he's obviously got a retard for a teacher and isn't going to learn much of anything in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagreements and countervailing views are welcome, however, comments will be deleted if:

-They have emoticons.
-If it is obvious that you have not read the post.
-Obvious Spam, and it takes me about a quarter second to determine if it is spam since you all write your comments the same way.

About Me

My photo
Seattle resident whose real name is Kevin Daniels. This blog covers the following topics, libertarian philosophy, realpolitik, western culture, history and the pursuit of truth from the perspective of a libertarian traditionalist.