Of course Romney didn't differentiate himself from the former President Bush. Niether did Obama when you look at his actual policies. Why is it that people continue to lend weight to words, promises, and speeches! The fact that analysts spend their time analyzing their speeches, which means nothing in regards to how they will govern, other than the policies they actually enacted and supported, a far better indicator of the kind governance substance, just exposes how pointless these hucksters are.
The older I get the less credibility news political analysts have with their incredible ability to point out the obvious as if it was some keen insight, all the while ignoring the elephant in the room, that differentiating between the GOP and the Democrats is impossible. Substitute out some few key pieces of rhetoric that each party loves to focus on themselves and the parties are really indistinguishable from one another.
This is a long way off when the parties attacked each other for their stance on whether or not money should be gold, to afford monetary stability, or silver, to inflate the currency and help the farmers and homesteaders out west. There was a real political difference there with real consequences. Today we just have a arguments between the GOP and Democrats on whether we should institute more government or a lot more government.
- Cogitans Iuvenis
- Real name is Kevin Daniels. I have long studied history and have an interest in geopolitics, economics, finance and politics. A few years ago discovered libertarianism. I am a constitutionalist libertarian with a conservative worldview. Word of warning. If you can't handle opinions that aren't rooted in the pc-progressive ideology that is permeated by our educational instutions and popular media then this blog is not for you.
- Political Analysts Are Worthless
- Shooting Themselves in the Foot
- Cost of Living
- Is Our Infrastructure Really That Bad?
- The Collapse: Geopolitical Perspective
- Credit Were Credit Is Due
- Admist Euro Collapse Alternative Currencies Appear...
- South American Fertility Rates
- What Will the Collapse Look Like?
- News: Chinese Inventory at Record Highs
- YUPPIEs No More
- If You Only Ever Paid Attention to Major News Netw...
- News: Unemployment claims take a surprise jump
- Mouse Dystopia and New Urbanism
- In Jail Even Though Declared Innocent
- Paul Ryan Selected As Romney's VP Candidate. And T...
- Is South Africa Becoming Increasingly Racially Rad...
- Spain's Robin Hood
- Geopolitical Chess: The Hukbalahap Rebellion
- Stratfor: Evolving Relationship Between Communist ...
- Don't Get a Finance Degree
- The Malthusian Lie
- Should the US Be More Like Canada?
- Stratfor: Europe Hardens on Immigration
- Sometimes It Is The Smallest of Things
- Disturbing in Two Ways
- A Chinese City Militarizes its Local Security Forc...
- News: Profitability Down in China
- Russia Is Throwing Assad Under The Bus
- Stratfor: India Power Crisis
- Two Dollar Tyranny
- Market Forces Slam Universities
- ▼ August (32)